Monday, October 3, 2016

Frame It!

Hi! The new challenge starting today at Cards In Envy is to use a frame somehow on your card! I thought of a beautiful set of 3 frame stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs that I've hardly ever used. (FYI: they have several very nice frame type stamps, some on sale!!)  I stamped the frame over a pretty vintage image from Digital Two for Tuesday (love those old Gibson Girl images!) I punched up the coloring on my frame with a black Copic marker and Old Paper Distress Ink.

I love doing vintage and I like showing how vintage can be flat for standard mailing, which is what Cards In Envy is all about (I always thank my almost six years of OWH training!):

 
Focal image: Digital Two for Tuesday
Frame stamp: Our Daily Bread Designs "Elegant Ovals" (set of 3)
Copic marker: Special Black
Ranger Distress Ink (Old Paper)
Sentiment and punches: Stampin' Up
DP: Teresa Collins "World Traveler" 6x6 and My Mind's Eye "Madison Avenue" 6x6
 
Be sure to go back and take a look at our Design Team's inspiration cards; there is always a great variety of styles! You have two weeks to join in the fun and I can't wait to see what you create. Please leave a comment so I will know you stopped by. It means a lot to me!
Sherry H





3 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Sherry! I am in love with this beautiful vintage card! If we were giving design team prizes I would say this card is the winner! Have a great day!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautifully vintage with the lace and the frame and the damask background looking so much like wallpaper. I love keeping my cards flat for mailing and it's a good challenge to see how textural and interesting they can be at the same time.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

So pretty! I love the vintage image with the pretty lace and ribbon!