Saturday, January 4, 2014

New challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow: "Something New"

Hello, welcome and Happy New Year! The first challenge of 2014 at Sugar Creek Hollow is "Something New" -- a newly acquired product, a new technique, etc. I decided to make a shabby chic card using the "Fine Day" collage rubber stamp by Alice Palace for Crafty Individuals Co. UK. First time I've used it, and I also used a background technique with Ranger Distress Inks that is recommended in a Crafty Individuals video on their blog.

Here's my creation for this fun two-week challenge at SCH:

 
DP: "Divine" 6x6 pad by Prima
Memento Black Ink
Ranger Distress Inks
 
I look forward to seeing your creation(s) posted at Sugar Creek Hollow! Thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment if you can!
 
Sherry

3 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Boy Sherry, you make the nicest card using all types of different embellishments. I noticed the sewing tape right off and I love the way you did made your sentiment. The technique for your background looks perfect. Everything came together to make a lovely card. Enjoy your weekend.

Daniele said...

so loving this Sherry, love everything about it
hugs

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card Sherry, love the C.I. image.
Yvonne