Thursday, October 3, 2013

Multiples: OWH MIdweek Throwdown challenge

Welcome again, Allison, to the job of Midweek Throwdown Challenge hostess! I wanted to give your first challenge -- Multiples -- a try. I don't usually make multiples so I thought this would be a good challenge for me. I chose an OWH sketch (#153) that requires just a few simple pieces. I tweaked the measurements slightly to allow for the black mat. Here are the pieces of my card:

Black mat: 5 1/4 x 4 1/8"
Green Polka dot layer: 5 3/8 x 4"
Black polka dot square: 3 1/4 x 3 1/4"
Penguin square: 2 1/4 x 2 1/4"
Strips: 5 3/8 x 1/2" 
 
Assembled card:

 
 
"Coffee Penguin" rubber stamp: Memory Box
Sentiment: Stamps by Judith
DPs: "Dream" 6x6 paper pad, My Mind's Eye
Touches of Copics: Golden Yellow and Cool Shadow
Flat button, thread, and "faux" photo corner
 
 Thanks for stopping by and thanks again for this fun challenge, Allison!
 


4 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Great job with the multiples. Love that penguin and your papers.

Carol L said...

That's a great card for multiples with a really cute image and design! Well done!

Cora said...

Coffee is brewing, that's what. Pretty cute card

AllisonG said...

Sherry, thanks for playing along with this week's Midweek Throwdown Challenge even though multiples may not be your "thing!" Your card is just adorable and I love that thin black mat and, of course, the MME paper. I think I have that 6x6 pad! :-) Thanks for the warm welcome too!