Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Two cowboy cards: playing with backgrounds

The Spring Training Bloghop at OWH Stars & Stamps is loaded with inspiration and instruction! The Clear Snap tutuorial got me going on trying some different backgrounds with my new cowboy rubber stamp from Crackerbox Palace. For the card on the left, I got out my Prismacolor pencils for the sky, with Bazzill's "Wayfarer" dps, and a bit of "rawhide" string which I fringed a little with scissors. The "Dad" stamp is from Outlines. For the other card, I used a multicolor pigment ink stamp pad. I also went over the stamped image with a black Copic because I couldn't seem to get a good impression. For both cards, I followed this week's OWH Sketch #167. Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Sherri, you really know how to take a tutorial and run with it. Excellent job with both of these cards. Love the image too.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Both cards are fabulous Sherry,I love the image it looks great in both colour ways.
Kevin xx

Cora said...

Stunning! I want thatstsmp

Nancy Keller said...

Oh my! What a cool stamp! I love these! My in-laws are cowboy type people. They would love these so much!!! :)

JoAnn Ross said...

Those are wonderful cards! And I'd say that even if I hadn't grown up in Oregon's cowboy country, then lived in AZ for so many years. :) I love the way you colored two different skies. It makes the same image so different!

Diane said...

awww- I love cowboys- almost as much as I love soldiers! Great job-I love how you showed the 2 different-but equally gorgeous skies! I have been mostly a copic gal for the past few years- but your card is making me want to pull out my colored pencils! Wonderful masculine cards-your colors and design really showcase the gorgeous stamp!

Linda said...

I just love the coloring on both! great details! tfs!!!

jimlynn said...

WOW!! Fabulous! LOVE these!
Lynn

AllisonG said...

I love both of these cards - the sunsets you created are spectacular!