Monday, February 11, 2013

Paper piecing fun

Hi. I love it when I hear about a blog or stamp company for the first time; recently I learned about "A Blog Named Hero". Their current challenge is paper piecing, so I decided to use the Hero Arts OWH "Right At Home" set to paper-piece a little landscape.
This was SO much fun and there were no really difficult shapes to cut out; just some tiny pieces to glue on. I had these papers in my stash and I think they are from Memory Box. The background paper inspired me first, with its branches it makes a pretty sky. There are 4 different DPs; I like how the windows and door look like the sky is reflecting on glass. Someone recently used this stamp set posted at OWH (I think) and I loved the torn paper the cardmaker used for the grass. So I tore the paper here to make a little pathway. I added Pearl Pen to the little heart and inked various edges and between the fence posts with Copics Cool Shadow.

7 comments:

AllisonG said...

I absolutely LOVE this card, Sherry! What a great scene you created with paper and stamps. My favorite part is how you tore the paper to create the path to the front door - so inviting!

Dixie Cochran said...

I think I could move into that house and be perfectly happy! Awesome paper piecing!

Sue McRae said...

What a lovely mix of soft and pretty papers on this card. Thanks for playing along with us at ABNH.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Oh my goodness! Great card! Love that you paper pieced everything - even the sky. Perfection! Thanks for playing in our fun challenge!

Kelly Latevola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Latevola said...

First, I'm so glad you found our challenge. I can't wait to see all your fabby creations. Second, OMG I am completely in love with the fabulous scene you create! Totally gorgeous :) Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Shannon White said...

Oh I LOV this Sherry!! Such a Darling paper pieced house! Love the Pretty scene you've created here!! Just Fabulous! 8-) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon