Sunday, September 2, 2012

VCMP Challenges 5 & 6 plus one

Challenge #5 at the big OWH Stars & Stamps blog Virtual Cardmaking Party is to make a Western card. I discovered I have not one cowboy or horse stamp. Then I remembered this DP that's part of the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found "Portobello Road" 6x6! I stamped the word "rodeo" with an alphabet set in my stash.
Challenge 6 combines this week's OWH sketch and the challenge to use punches. I used the Martha Stewart butterfly punch, a square punch, SU modern label & word window punches. More dp from my treasured hoard of MME 6x6 pads.
I was going to use this card for Challenge 2, a recipe challenge, until I realized that I have more than 2 pp's on the card. Oh well, I think it's a cutie, so I'll post it!

7 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Well Sherry we can only see a small touch of your third pp so I wouldn't worry about it. And besides it's one of the cutest cards I've seen all night. All three of these cards of of exceptional quality. Love that butterfly punch.

Linda said...

Great cards...all three are wonderful...that stamping rodeo on the printed banner is brilliant!!...Love the squares unter the butterflies...really bridges the images! Thanks for sharing!

BobbisTreasure said...

Love them all! The rope on the bottom of the western card really finishes it off nicely.

Beth L. said...

I love your cowboy card. I have a couple more sheets that I was going to make like my card but I think I will CASE you. Your other cards are beautiful too. I love butterflies and those are so pretty and lacey.

jimlynn said...

ALL of these are just sensational! LOVE that first one with the masculine image and the way you did the twine.
The butterflies on the second are just gorgeous and that cute, cute little owl on the third one!
Great set of cards.
Lynn

Julie said...

Great cards, Sherry! Love the bling for the bodies of the butterflies! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Sandy Trefger said...

Love all your cards and the western one is perfect! Well done on using that paper! Thanks for joining in on my OWH challenge!
Sandy
sandy's crafty creations