Sunday, August 12, 2012

OWH Sketch Challenge #133

Welcome! Here is this week's sketch at the Stars & Stamps blog, followed by my card:
I used my new Stampin' Up bird stamp that matches the SU bird punch. Love it. I had to stamp twice to get the green branch, so I used the purple branch as kind of a shadow piece. The DPs are Memory Box from my stash. Ranger grape distress ink. I decided to make this a general, no-sentiment card that could be used for many occasions or just for a hero's note to a friend. Have a great week.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Great card! Love this bird--definitely might need to think about adding that to my collection :)

Jen M said...

Oh that bird is pretty. Grape distress ink? If my 6 year old was looking she'd be sure we need some of that, LOL! :) I love it!

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Wonderful card -- I have that bird -- I'll have to remember to get it out and use it. Love the color combo.

Linda said...

Great colors, images and teX=xtures! TFS!!!

Carol L said...

You do purple & green quite well :) I love this color combo and your pretty card!

Julie said...

Great card, Sherry! Love that touch of gingham ribbon. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Carolynn said...

What an adorably sweet card! I love that it has no sentiment so it can "speak" for itself. Thanks for joining the Sketch #133 challenge. Carol

Valerie said...

beautiful card!

Lee Mae said...

Hi Sherry! Love that bird and the color palette of your card, and the gingham ribbon is just perfect. Lovely card!