Sunday, June 10, 2012

OWH Sketch 125

Hello and welcome! Here is this week's OWH sketch: After seeing Sandy's post today on using alphabet stickers I remembered these neat metal stickers that were part of the blog candy I received from Allison! I love the Army green ones; didn't have the right letters to put the word Hero, so I spaced the rectangles into two words and put "For U": I love love these new star brads I just found at Scrapbook.com! They have a neat random shape and I love how this one matches the alpha stickers!! Star brad: Americana Primitive Star Combo Fasteners by Impression Obsession (several colors) This is one of the quickest cards I've made and I really like it, either for a hero to send home or for an Any Hero note! Thinking of Dee and her family today. Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Linda said...

I have some of those letters! Great card. I am definitely thinking of Dee and her family. My FIL went through something similar a couple of years ago.

Carol L said...

I just love how you came up with this card! Very masculine and cool with that star in between the letters!

AllisonG said...

I love it and am so glad that you found a use for the letters I sent you!

Shari B said...

GREAT interpretation of the sketch! This is very striking and I love how all the elements work together!

ThePurplePlace said...

What a wonderful card! I think you found the perfect way to use the little squares!

I also could not find the Little Froggy, but was happy to read your post and know I was NOT alone!!


Great cards..thanks for sharing!

Ann said...

Sherry, I love this card! The letters are perfect and the star brad is too cute!!

Missy said...

Sherry,
I love your take on the sketch. This will make a great Hero card or even for a hero to send home.
Thank you for all your support of OWH.

Unknown said...

Terrific card. Very original. Mr. Linky has arrived so you can link up now.

Jen M said...

FAB interpretation of the sketch, Sherry! I love this.

Nancy Keller said...

Wow, I love this... Love that paper! Great job!

Unknown said...

Oh my what a great card. I love your interpretation of the sketch!

EmeralDQueen said...

Oh so Military love it I need to find some paper like that I think is so awesome. GREAT card!!!

Paula S. said...

Fabulous, creative interpretation Sherry! I need to thin 'outside the box' more when it comes to using up some of the alphabet stuff i have accumulated.

helloholley said...

they need to come out with 'like' or 'love' buttons on blogs, LOL!!! Cause' I 'love' how you did this sketch and your card is perfect! ;)