Sunday, April 1, 2012

Two Dad's Day cards

I made two Father's Day cards today, using OWH Sketch #115. Here's the sketch:

For the above card I used DP from another awesome My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found" pad -- this one's called "Breeze". It's official; I'm addicted to these little MME paper pads!! They are fantastic. The train is just a part of one of the DPs--I think it makes a great focal point -- and the sentiment is from Inkadinkado's "Happy Everything" set.

This card uses papers from my stash, the same sentiment stamp, and the ducks are Stampscapes "Loons in H20" rubber stamp.
This is a great sketch to play with!
Thanks for visiting; I love company!

12 comments:

Kathryn said...

You always make such gorgeous vintage cards and these masculine ones are no exception. I love the button treatment on the train card. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Great cards! TFS!!!

Margaret said...

Perfect for this sketch.

Donna Hanley said...

Sherry, It's great to see you back again. I missed you. These are two fabulous cards. It's so nice when you can use part of paper as a focal point on a card. Your second card is just as attractive as the first one. You're on a good roll. Enjoy the week.

AllisonG said...

These are great, Sherry! I love when the patterned paper has a great focal point image. Fantastic job on your Father's Day cards!

John VanMulders said...

Great looking cards - any dad would be proud to get one of those!

JoAnn Ross said...

Oh, these are gorgeous! I love the special touches you added! They really make everything pop!

Paula S. said...

Both great cards Sherry but I just love trains so that would have to be my favorite! :)

StampTramps said...

Great cards, love your papers!

Julie said...

Beautiful cards, Sherry! I really love the ribbon/button detail on the first one - I might have to swipe that trick! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Jen M said...

These are fabulous! Mme makes gorgeous paper and you made it into fab cards!

Cynthia T said...

Sherry, these cards are simply lovely. These are the type of cards I like the best! Thanks for sharing.