Sunday, January 1, 2012

OWH Sketch #102 & Happy New Year!

OWH Sketch 102 and my first card of the New Year:


The DPs I used are all from a new Glitz 6x6 pad I bought at my LSS, Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston, VA, on Friday. Glitz is a new paper company; there were several yummy 6x6 pads available and I chose one called "Vintage Blue" (hmmmm, wonder why I chose that one). A free pack of Glitz epoxy stickers came with every purchase -- very cool stickers! I used one that says "Adored"; I hope you can see it in the photo. I also used the Stampin' Up bird punch and added some dots with a Pearl Pen.
I always panic when I see little strips in a sketch, lol! I put a new blade in my paper trimmer and it seems to be behaving better. I was kinda going for a clean and simple vintage look; I think it's one of those cards that looks better in person! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a happy and healthy New Year!

13 comments:

Jen M said...

Pretty papers, sherry! The bird looks fab with that lovely background!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Love the dp and beginning of spring with the bird chipping.

AllisonG said...

I like what you've done with this sketch - the card turned out great. Love the birdie!

Donna Hanley said...

Sherry, Your card came out perfect. The dots on your bird really made it blend in well with the rest of the vintage look. Yes we can see the sticker and it looks great. All around great job. Happy New Year

Linda said...

Stunning...I will now need to check that line out. TFS!!!

Carol L said...

Way to use those stickers! I seldom reach for them, but they clearly do make for a great card - like yours! Love the shimmer!!

Paula S. said...

Beautiful papers Sherry! That floral does have a vintage, shabby chic feel to it...perfect for your fabulous style. Nice work with the OWH sketch challenge. Enjoy your new goodies!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Very beautiful Sherry. Your DP has the look of damask and the bird is perfect here.

Shari B said...

Pretty card! I love the way the colors and patterns work together. Nice job!

Samantha said...

Your dsp goes perfect with the vintage feel and I really like how you used it for the bird as well! Thanks so much for sharing Sherry!

Cindy O said...

Beautiful colors together. All the shapes and patterns just flow into a very elegant result. Love the pretty patterned strips.

Unknown said...

Wonderful papers! Love how the bird wing looks and the sentiment is great.

Julie said...

This card is precious, Sherry! I love the yellow and grey color scheme and the vintage style. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!