Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clean & Simple Cardmaking Class, Day 2

Another great class today with good instruction! Here's my card (after a few more train wrecks, lol. Note to self: cranberry pigment ink is probably NOT dry even though you want it to be!)

Luckily, I had two rubber stamps from The Paper Source that closely resemble the Hero Arts stamps used in today's video. My stamps are much smaller so I had to improvise again and stamp them more than once. I also had too much white space even for a C&S card so I added a partial border with black pen. I varied from our one-layer sample by attaching it to a black card (kind of out of necessity; I had smeared the aforementioned cranberry ink and had to trim my card a bit.)

5 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

Love your stamp choice and your border!

AllisonG said...

OMG, Sherry, I absolutely love this card...just gorgeous! You can now add CAS cards to your repertoire of styles you have mastered. Great job! I'm thinking now that I should have taken that class after all. You and Dixie are making it look so easy!!

Dixie Cochran said...

This is gorgeous!!!! I'm still working on my card for today. I'm stumped!

Cherie said...

Love the colors! I think you needs the black background to help make the cranberry pop.

Kathryn said...

I had the same wet ink problem with some eggplant pigment ink today! This card is gorgeous. Hope you won't mind if I CASE it!