Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mummy Card for Hambo Hoedown!

Hambo Stamps has a fun new mummy digi, free to those who played in the Hoedown last week. Hambo's hoping for even more followers; come join the fun! Here's my spooky fun card:
In addition to using the mummy digi, this week's challenge is to use black, green, purple and orange. I used these super-cute DPs from Cosmo Cricket's Matilda Mini Deck. The haunted house is from a little clear stamp set I think I found at Michael's last year. I stamped it on white paper and cut around the house, leaving a strip of white at the bottom. Then I cut some notches in a strip of black paper to look like lights from the windows. I glued the black paper on, then colored the moon, windows and lights from the windows in yellow. The little bat stamps are from another clear stamp set. I added googlie eyes. This little mummy's not too sure about knocking on that haunted house door!
This card was fun to make; I'm going to send it to my little great-nephews who recently moved to CA with their Dad.
Thanks for stopping by!
p.s. I wasn't intentionally CASEing DT member Melissa's sample card but her card (and her blog) are awesome!

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

Love that little house in the background and that patterned paper is fabulous!!! Very cute.
Lynn

helloholley said...

very cute Sherry!!! ;)

Cora said...

You got really creative with this one. Nice touch with the windows casting light. I hope your creativity rubs off on me when me meet

Andrea said...

Oh this is just so cute! I love the googly eyes on the Mummy! Thanks for playing along in the Hoedown!