Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Masculine cards: OWH Midweek Throwdown

I made two cards for this challenge. They have a kind of vintage/distressed look, which I hadn't done in awhile and which always makes me happy. Here they are:


For the first card I used a really neat image from Digital Two for Tuesday, with DP from 7 Gypsies' Camden pack, Ranger inks, Tonic corner punch, and a corrugated punched star. I spent manyyyyy years typing in my career, so that's one reason I loved that image, as well as the fact that it's a soldier. This must be my typewriter theme day, because the 2nd card uses a rubber stamp from the Stamper's Best Vintage Postal set. There are so many stamps in that set; it's a really good buy. I also used Bo Bunny's "Mama-Razzi Shutter" DP (funny name) and a little scrap from a Me & My Big Ideas pad "bloc de passepartout" that I've gotten a lot of use out of! I also used the EK Success border punch, twine and a corrugated punched star.
I like incorporating stars into cards because it reminds me of the heroes we make cards for!
I hope you enjoyed these; come back soon!

14 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Sherry these are really nice! I love the vintage look as well as modern and rarely get vintage with my cards so it's good to see yours :) Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

AllisonG said...

Ohhh, I like them both very much, Sherry, but the first is my favorite. I love the image and the "feel" of the papers you chose. I like how you used the corner punch on just one corner, too. I have never thought to do that.

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

The typewriters must have been in the air. I used a similar image. I did a much simpler design. Vintage cards are my favorite. Both cards are treasures.

Kathryn said...

Lovely, Sherry. I really like the corrugated stars and the way you attached them with ribbon and twine. Thanks for sharing your masterpieces.

Unknown said...

You seriously excel at vintage cards. Make them more often! These two are great. Hope you posted a link over at Digital Two for Tuesday.

Lee Mae said...

Hi Sherry, I love your cards! I have been gathering vintage images, but I can't seem to get the shabby part down yet. I agree with Yolanda, make them more often!! I have learned quite a bit from these two and look forward to seeing what else you come up with. :)

Cora said...

Beautiful cards! I love to see the images in action.

Linda said...

Simply gorgous! Awesome! Love all the little details on both with great images and dp!

Donna Hanley said...

Sherry what a wonderful job you do with vintage. I LOVE it more and more each year, but I'm not good at it. I'll have to try harder. You have it mastered. I can't pick a favorite of the two cards, both have such great interest. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jen M said...

Sherry, these are both seriously AMAZING. you must make more vintage cards!!!

John VanMulders said...

Very handsome cards ... love the feel of them and all the layers.

Donna said...

These are really beautiful.They are both wonderful,but the first one is my favorite.I love vintage;Thank you for sharing!

Linda said...

Can you send me the link to the images. I looked and could not find the first image. lough855ataoldotcom. Thanks!

Laurel Weeks said...

Sherry, I feel like I just pulled these out of an old trunk in the attic! You have so many little details that contribute to the vintage feel. I could learn a lot from you!