Thursday, March 10, 2011

Polka Dots! Midweek throwdown at Operation Write Home

I had fun trying something different with this card. I didn't have any polka dot paper that inspired me and I didn't want to make a run to the craft store, so I used digital scrapbooking paper for the first time. I downloaded this free paper from www.shabbyprincess.com. I probably used a lot of printer ink, but I think it looks pretty darn good! The colors are brighter than they look in the photo; it's a dark rainy day here. The pretty digi image is "Teapot Cheer" from Designed to Delight. I colored it with a combination of Marvy LePlume markers and Prismacolor pencils, with a touch of Glossy Accents on the green cherries. Green cherries?? There is such a thing isn't there? But I like them. The polka dot ribbon is Celebrate It Basic-Basic from Michael's. I stamped Happy Mother's Day on the inside.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Yay Sherry, you printed your own paper!

It doesn't use as much ink as you think :) I do have a tip that I've been doing with the digital papers. I re size my paper to be 6"X6" or 6"X41/2" so I have just what I need. Re sizing also makes the graphics on your papers smaller so they're nicer for card making.

Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home this week!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

lol, I think your card is fabulous by the way! I forgot to mention that in my first comment :)